Using Facebook to Support Your Fundraising
Social media is a fast and easy way to connect with donors. Participants have the ability to use various social media outlets to tap into a whole new network of people outside of your immediate contacts. Here is how to utilize Facebook to connect with donors, share your story and secure donations.
- 2017 AACR Revolutions for Research (event page)
Best Times to Post: Monday through Friday 1pm – 4pm (Peak Time 3pm)
Worst Times to Post: 8pm – 8am; Weekends
Ways to Create an Engaging Post
- Share Your Personal Page: If you keep your personal page updated (why you are participating, how long you have been participating, etc.) this will draw more people to your page. Once they read your story, they will be more inclined to donate.
- Update on Your Fundraising Goal and Status: "I am at $190! I am just $110 shy of reaching my fundraising goal! Please consider a donation to support cancer research!" Don’t forget to attach your personal URL.
- Share Why You Are Participating: "I’m cycling for my Grandpa Jim who was diagnosed with [cancer type] in 2012 and passed away a few years later. Please support me, so we can help others like my Grandpa."
- Update on Your Training: "Took an amazing spinning class this morning! I am really looking forward to November now!"
- Let Your Pictures Do the Talking: Post a picture/video of you training or at a fundraiser. If you let your friends know what you are doing to prep for the event, they’ll be more likely to donate. You can also swap your profile picture and cover photos with our logos.
- Recognize your Donors: If a Facebook friend donates to you, be sure to mention them in your status! Just type @ + their name, it will then show up in a drop-down box. Choose their name to tag them.